- On October 7, 2020
Milford and District Resource Centre (MDRC) seek to hire a part-time Graphic Designer. Please see below for more information on the role, the recruitment process and relevant deadline.
‘Milford & District Resource Centre CLG’
(Community Services Programme)
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Location/base: Milford & District Resource Centre
Contract: 20 hours per week (fixed term)
Salary: €20,483 (per annum pro rata)
Reporting to: Manager – Community Services Programme
Applications for this role are particularly welcome from persons in receipt of a payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.
About the role
Milford & District Resource Centre (MDRC) seek to hire a Graphic Designer. We are seeking a creative individual with flare and initiative – someone who can make the role their own and expand it into different areas. The job has two main components: firstly in-house graphic design work for MDRC and its social enterprise (Community Business Services); and secondly external work for clients and customers of MDRC and CBS. The position is part-time (20 hours per week) and is based in Milford & District Resource Centre, blended with remote working as necessary.
Purpose of the job – including key tasks and areas of responsibility
Reporting to the Manager of Milford and District Resource Centre, the duties of the Graphic Designer will include but will not be limited to:
- Supporting the Manager to market and promote the services provided by Milford & District Resource Centre through various channels i.e. website, social media, digital media, traditional media.
- Responsible for all in-house graphic design in support of Community Business Services (CBS) to include producing design content, publications, marketing material for clients of the social enterprise.
- Supporting clients of Community Business Services with online and offline advertising campaigns, with bespoke graphic design solutions for their businesses.
- Developing a range of personalised greeting cards, posters and other items for sale as part of a social enterprise.
- Other duties in support of the effective operation and development of ‘Milford and District Resource Centre ’ as requested by the Trustees (Board of Directors).
- One year’s experience of working in a graphic design or similar role.
- Experience of supporting the marketing role within an organisation, using a variety of different online and offline media and channels i.e. websites, social media, digital media, traditional media channels.
- Experience of supporting an enterprise, business or organisation to maximise its income through different graphic design / advertising / marketing opportunities.
- Experience of producing high quality graphic design content for a variety of customers i.e. publications, marketing material, online/offline advertising campaigns.
- Experience of engaging with customers to deliver bespoke marketing solutions and content customised to the needs of their business or organisation.
- A flexible approach to working on different projects, tasks and to different deadlines.
- Level 5 Qualification or above in Graphic Design or a similar qualification.
- Skilled in the use of various graphic design software solutions and applications.
- Access to a form of transport for business use.
Conditions of employment
The conditions of employment which apply to this post will be in accordance with the guidelines in issuance for the operation of the Community Service Programme (CSP). Please note that this position is subject to funding and that those guidelines may be subject to change.
Salary: €20,483 per annum (pro-rata) based on 20 hours per week.
Annual Leave: Annual leave entitlements are 20 days (pro-rata).
Shortlisting followed by structured interviews. Please note that interviews are expected to take place on Thursday 29th October.
Application Process & Deadline
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and CV to Declan Meehan, Manager of Milford & District Resource Centre, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, October 23rd at 5:00pm.
This project is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Pobal through the Community Services Programme.