- On April 17, 2023
(20 Hours per Week)
‘Milford & District Resource CLG’
(Community Services Programme)
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Location/base: Milford & District Resource Centre
Contract: 20 hours per week (fixed term)
Salary: €22,035 p.a. pro-rata (€11.30 per hour)
Reporting to: Manager of MDRC
Applications for this role are particularly welcome from persons in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection.
About the Role
Milford & District Resource Centre (MDRC) seek to hire a Bookkeeper. We are seeking a friendly and professional individual who can contribute meaningfully to this community organisation. The job involves working on clients’ accounts, including preparation of VAT returns and yearly Income Tax returns (F11s) . The position is part-time (20 hours per week) and is based in Milford & District Resource Centre.
Purpose of the job – including key tasks and areas of responsibility
Reporting to the Manager of Milford and District Resource Centre, the duties of the Bookkeeper will include, but will not be limited to:
- Preparation of bank reconciliations and profit and loss accounts for clients;
- Preparation of VAT returns for clients;
- Preparation of Income Tax Returns for clients;
- Data entry onto online accounting package;
- Dealing with clients in a face-to-face environment;
- Word processing, document formatting and printing of documents;
- Other duties in support of the effective operation and development of Milford & District Resource Centre as requested by the Manager and/or the Board of Directors.
- At least one year’s experience working in a similar bookkeeping role;
- At least a Level 5 qualification in Bookkeeping;
- Competency in Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Excel;
- A flexible approach to working on different projects, tasks and to different deadlines;
- A full, clean driver’s licence.
- Level 5 in Taxation; and
- Level 5 in Payroll.
Conditions of Employment
The conditions of employment which apply to this post will be in accordance with the guidelines in issuance for the operation of the Community Service Programme (CSP). Please note that this position is subject to funding and that those guidelines may be subject to change.
Salary: €22,035 per annum (pro-rata).
Annual Leave: Annual leave entitlements are 20 days pro-rata.
Hours: 20 Hours per week
Application Process & Deadline
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, detailing how you meet the above criteria, along with your CV to Declan Meehan, Manager of Milford & District Resource Centre, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, April 28th at 4pm.
Shortlisting will be based on candidates meeting the essential criteria for the job. Candidates who meet desirable criteria will score additional points. Shortlisting will be followed by an interview.
This project is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Pobal through the Community Services Programme.