- On August 5, 2021
Milford and District Resource Centre (MDRC) seek to hire a part-time Marketing Officer. Please see below for more information on the role, the recruitment process and relevant deadline.
‘Milford & District Resource CLG’
(Community Services Programme)
Job Title: Marketing Officer
Location/base: Milford & District Resource Centre
Contract: 20 hours per week (fixed term)
Salary: €20,685 (per annum pro rata)
Reporting to: Manager of MDRC
Applications for this role are particularly welcome from persons in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection.
About the role
Milford & District Resource Centre (MDRC) seek to hire a Marketing Officer. We are seeking a creative individual with flare and initiative – someone who can take to task the job at hand: promotion of MDRC and its services. The job has two main components: promotion of work carried out and offered by MDRC and its social enterprise (Community Business Services); and, secondly, linking raised awareness of the work of MDRC to fundraising for the social enterprise. The position is part-time (20 hours per week) and is based in Milford & District Resource Centre, blended with remote working as necessary.
Purpose of the job – including key tasks and areas of responsibility
Reporting to the Manager of Milford and District Resource Centre, the duties of the Marketing Officer will include, but will not be limited to:
- Marketing and promoting the services provided by Milford & District Resource Centre through various channels i.e. website, social media, digital media, print media and radio, etc. to drive an increase in income generated by these services;
- Maintenance of the organisation’s website and social media channels, as well as implementing a development plan and messaging calendar for both;
- Raising awareness of the organisation’s community development work and community health services across the catchment area through marketing and public relations;
- Organising public and online events as necessary linked to the overall promotion of the organisation, its services and its work in the community;
- Implementing a communication strategy across the organisation to strengthen public awareness of Milford & District Resource Centre;
- Working with the Graphic Designer on various campaigns and projects aimed at achieving and contributing to the aforementioned elements of the job;
- Reporting to the Manager on Key Performance Indicators relating to all aspects of the job; and
- Other duties in support of the effective operation and development of ‘Milford and District Resource Centre ’ as requested by the Manager and Board of Directors.
- Level 6 Qualification or above in Marketing, Communications or a similar qualification, or three years’ experience working in a marketing or communications role.
- Experience of working on marketing and communication within an organisation, using a variety of different online and offline media and channels i.e. websites, social media, digital media, traditional media channels.
- Experience of supporting an enterprise, business or organisation to maximise its income through marketing and/or communications.
- Experience of generating content for social media and managing social media accounts on various platforms.
- A flexible approach to working on different projects, tasks and to different deadlines.
- Full, clean driver’s license.
- Skilled in the use of various graphic design software solutions and applications.
- Experience managing or working on a targeted marketing campaign.
- Experience of managing fundraising campaigns.
- Experience of working with targets and key performance indicators in a business or social enterprise setting.
- Competency in spoken and written Irish.
Conditions of employment
The conditions of employment which apply to this post will be in accordance with the guidelines in issuance for the operation of the Community Service Programme (CSP). Please note that this position is subject to funding and that those guidelines may be subject to change.
Salary: €20,685 per annum (pro-rata) based on 20 hours per week.
Annual Leave: Annual leave entitlements are 20 days (pro-rata).
Hours: 20 Hours per week
Shortlisting followed by structured interviews. Please note that interviews are expected to take place on Thursday 26th August 2021.
Application Process & Deadline
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, detailing how you meet the above criteria, along with your CV to Declan Meehan, Manager of Milford & District Resource Centre, via email to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, August 20th at 5:00pm.
This project is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Pobal through the Community Services Programme.